Health and Safety Award

Health and Safety Award

⚡Health and Safety Announcement⚡

Congrats to Lua Tauiliili for winning a Health and Safety award (and a $150 pressy card).

Lua was pulling in cables on a worksite recently when a temporary load bank caught fire approximately 2 metres away.

Lua and another subcontractor managed to extinguish the fire, each using a fire extinguisher that was available nearby.

The likely cause of the fire was attributed to the auxiliary supply for the fans being knocked out causing the fans to turn off.

Without Lua’s quick intervention, it is highly likely this fire would have spread throughout the building and caused further damage.

Lua pictured receiving his certificate with Aotea Electric Auckland's H & S Manager Jaco Mostert and H & S Advisor Kayla James.